Friday, July 31, 2009

My Great-Grandparents' Home

I've just realized that my hometown of Vinton, Louisiana, has street views on Google Maps. This is very exciting!

Below is the home of my great-grandparents, Bienvenue and Beatrice (Boneaux) Trahan. They lived on Nelson Street in Vinton from the late 1950s until the late 1990s. They are the parents of my paternal grandfather. When my great-grandfather moved to a nursing home in the late 1990s, my grandparents sold the house to someone outside the family.

Before Bienvenue and Beatrice moved into the house above, they lived in a railroad-owned house at the corner of Highway 90 and Fancher Street in Vinton. My great-grandfather worked for the railroad for many years. They lived there from the early 1940s until they moved into the house above. The railroad house is no longer standing, but it is featured in the background of the picture on the far left in my blog banner. Bienvenue and Beatrice eventually bought the house from the railroad and sold it to my grandparents. This is where my dad grew up until the early 1970s.

Now if they would only get street views for Port Huron, Michigan on Google Maps! I'm eagerly awaiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment