Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday Night Fun: Three Things I Learned Today

Randy over at GeneaMusings has once again challenged us all to a little Saturday night fun by listing three things we learned about genealogy today. Since my cousin got married today, there were several opportunities to talk to family members. My Aunt Debbie is from Texas, and since there are birth, marriage, and death vital records indexes from Texas at Ancestry.com, I showed her what I had found on her first husband's family and her own family. Aunt Debbie's first husband died several years ago, and she has been with my Uncle Brian (my mom's brother) for twenty years now. After talking to her and from researching the indexes, this is what we found:

1) Her maternal uncle was Lois Bradford ODOM. He married Otis Mae SPURLOCK and had 14 children, 12 of whom we found in the Texas birth index.

2) She could not remember her maternal grandparents' names because they died several years ago. After she left, I think I found their names: Aril Bradford ODOM and Josephine RAYMER. I need to confirm this with her. Hopefully these names will ring a bell.

3) Aril died on 2 Apr 1971 in Silsbee, Hardin, Texas. He was born 22 Sep 1896 in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment