Saturday, June 13, 2009

COG: Swimsuit Edition



The 74th Edition of the Carnival of Genealogy is all about bathing beauties. I found these old pictures of myself when going through my grandmother's photo albums that I've recently inherited. I used to take swimming lessons every year at the community pool where I grew up in Vinton, Louisiana. I think the second picture was taken around 1987. It looks like I was younger in that one, and it seems that I must have been young enough to require someone to catch me. The first picture was probably taken around 1989 or 1990.

4 comments:

  1. You don't see many diving boards in public or private pools anymore. The water looks so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am thinking they must be too much of a liability now. I know a lot of public pools no longer have deep ends. I think apartment complexes are now regulated with how deep their pools can be. That was a 12 foot pool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid in the late 70's, I used to go to the pool on base. It was a lot of fun! I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes..a diving board...only did one of those once...in a swimming class in college.Once was
    enough!

    Great photos, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete