Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Look Back At April Goals

Well, the month is half over, and I'm finally getting a chance to look back at April goals. April was a busy month because I decided to finally start looking for a full-time job now that I have passed the CPA exam. When I moved from North Carolina to Louisiana in October, I didn't look for full-time work because I still had one section of the exam to take in November, and I knew it was going to be my hardest section. I found some part-time contract work at the same company I had been working at in North Carolina, but it was time to move on. I really needed a job with benefits and full-time hours. And, yes, I did find a new job as an accounting manager with another government contractor (previous employer was also a government contractor) here in Louisiana. I started the new job this week, and so far, I really, really like it.

Anywho, all of that somewhat got in the way of my genealogy research, but here's how I did with my April goals.

Finish looking up the siblings of my great-great-grandparents in the SSDI.

No, I didn't get to this one yet. I think this has been a goal since February or so. Need to get on the ball.

Index at least one page of the 1940 census every night.

I made this goal! I believe I actually averaged about 2 pages per day.

Enter the 1940 source citations for my grandparents I found last night (post to follow).

I did manage to find all of my grandparents in the 1940 census and enter them into my RootsMagic database. 

Clean up source citations and events for my great-great-great-grandparents, John PEMBERTON and Mary Ann COOMBS and their children.

I am still working on this one, primarily because of the time I spent on the 1940 census indexing. I have gotten through with my great-great-great-grandparents plus 3 of the 5 children (and all of their descendants and collaterals).

Write at least one post on Arthur Chamberlin and family.

I did not manage to accomplish this goal. Will try better for May.

Well, I am not going to post any goals for May since the month is half over and I've been really busy getting used to working full-time again. I should definitely have goals back by July. I'm just going to continue working on my database maintenance project and will try to post more on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment