Monday, February 7, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday: Mary Margaret "Maggie" PEMBERTON


Photographed by Don & Wendy McCallum (FindAGrave volunteers)

MARY MARGARET PEMBERTON
MAY 7, 1946-OCT. 27, 1969

My great-aunt
Kinney Cemetery
Wadhams, St. Clair, Michigan

My great-aunt, Maggie, died at only 23 years of age. She was born disabled and died of complications due to epilepsy (status epilepticus). Her older sister, Evelyn, died due to epilepsy as well in 1948, when Maggie was only a year old. There is some discrepancy in Maggie's date of birth. I believe the tombstone is correct, as it coincides with her birth certificate. Her death certificate and obituary give her birth date as 21 May 1946. This is my great-aunt Barb's birthday (though a different year), so I'm not sure if my great-grandma was confusing their birthdays when she gave the info for the death certificate and obit.


No comments:

Post a Comment