Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas! (And Other News)


Me - Christmas c. 1983


Me (and my cousin Tabatha to the left) - Christmas 1985

I know I haven't posted in awhile, but I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I'm about to get on the road and travel to my parents' house for 2 hours, but I just thought I would update everyone on my most recent big news. It seems like this fall is just full of surprises! The company that I work for has announced that it is moving its headquarters from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to the Research Triangle Park in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina. They've asked everyone in the accounting department to go, and I believe I am going to go. I love change, and I've been wanting to get out of Louisiana for awhile now. I hear that that area of North Carolina is a great place to live. The move won't happen until this summer, so I have some time to plan. I can't quite remember right now if any of you geneabloggers live in that area, but if you do, please feel free to email me at jtrahan2003 at yahoo.com. Any advice about where to live, advantages/disadvantages of the area, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. Sending you a pre-welcome to the state. I'm a native North Carolinian. Except for 8 years, where I decided I needed a change, have lived here all my life.

    Even though I live elsewhere in the state, love the RTP area. Attended Carolina.

    Save travels during the holidays and a merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mavis! Thanks for the pre-welcome! I look forward to the change and the chance to experience four seasons. I've been to Charlotte and the Smoky Mountains area but never to the RTP area. My cousin and his family lived in the Charlotte area for about 15 years, but lucky for me, they just moved to the RTP area about a year ago. It will be nice to have family around in a new place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live next door in Virginia and I can tell you you will really like North Carolina...next to VA one of the prettiest states!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the move and new adventure. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading your Kreativ Blogger post about your preference for spicy ethnic cuisine, I think you should move West instead of East! (L.A. has lots of great food.) But I'm sure it will be a great adventure. Bonne chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's another Virginian weighing in - go for it! We checked out colleges in that area, and it's lovely and full of interesting things to see and do. And not so terribly far from the Washington, D.C. area (where I live - if you're in this area, let's get together!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy reading your blog; to express my appreciation I have awarded you the Happy 101 Award which can be picked up at http://ataleoftwoancestors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete